After Aesthetic Reconstructive Surgery: Aftercare and Recovery Tips
What Do I Do After Aesthetic Reconstructive Surgery?
The aftercare procedure that you have to go through after an aesthetic reconstructive surgery depends on the type of procedure that you went through as well as your over health as a patient. The wound care process is also part of the aftercare procedure.
- If you just went through an outpatient procedure, then there would be minimal aftercare needed, and this includes a follow-up check with your doctor to ascertain the success of the surgery. However, there are procedures that really need an extended stay at the hospital.
- With this kind of aesthetic reconstructive surgery, extensive physical therapy is also needed.
- Smoking should be avoided as well as it could cause some delays in the healing of wounds and raises the risks for the occurrence of complications like infections.
- Aesthetic reconstructive surgery involving grafts or skin flaps need careful monitoring during the first few days after the procedure. This is to ensure that the correct circulation of blood is happening. Drainage tubes and bandages are to stay in place for a day or more.
- Topical treatments like steroidal creams and ointments with vitamin E are also great to lessen the itching and inflammation of reddened or raised scars acquired from aesthetic reconstructive surgery.