AESTHETIC NOSE SURGERY: TIPS BEFORE UNDERGOING AESTHETIC RHINOPLASTY
TIPS BEFORE GOING FOR AESTHETIC NOSE SURGERY
During the initial consultation for aesthetic nose surgery, the surgeon and the patient will usually ascertain the changes that need to be done on the nose. There will be photograph taking and discussions on the techniques, the anesthesia options, and the expected results.
You will also need to undergo several tests before your aesthetic nose surgery. These would include chest X-ray and blood tests. The tests are intended to check blood cell levels that could be indicative of infections or such problems as anemia. Also read how to prepare for facial surgery
Fourteen days before the schedule of your aesthetic nose surgery, you need to avoid aspirin or medications containing this drug. This is because these medications might hinder the blood clotting process, which might result in bleeding problems.
If you are a smoker, then you should cease from smoking by at least 2 weeks prior your aesthetic nose surgery. You should refrain from smoking again until after two weeks after the operation. This is because smoking could slow down the healing process.
AESTHETIC RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY PREPARATION
How Do I Prepare for Aesthetic Reconstructive Surgery?
The initial preparations needed to be done for aesthetic reconstructive surgery includes the assessment of the patient’s body. This is essential to ascertain which parts are to be involved in the procedure.
If you are to go through an aesthetic reconstructive surgery and there is a need to be placed under general anesthesia, then there are tests that should be done first. These include blood exams to test for blood clotting disorders or other problems like anemia.
A physical examination as well as the taking down of your medical history would also be part of the process before your aesthetic reconstructive surgery. Looking into your medications will also be done to make sure that there won’t be an interaction with the anesthesia.
Here are other preparatory steps that need to be taken before an aesthetic reconstructive surgery:
- Stop Smoking at least two weeks before the surgery as this could possibly get in the way of the healing process.
- Medications that could possibly make blood clotting last longer like aspirin should also be avoided at least a week before the scheduled aesthetic reconstructive surgery.
- Depending on the type of procedure that you will undergo, you might also be asked to provide several units of your own blood for possible transfusion purposes.
- You would also be asked to sign the aesthetic reconstructive surgery consent form before the procedure is performed.
- Aesthetic nose surgery is one of the most popular cosmetic procedures there are in the beautification industry. Also known as the nose job, this type of procedure is not only a common cosmetic practice but also as part of aesthetic reconstruction of the nose. This is especially beneficial during such mishaps as traffic accidents, falls, and other traumatic incidents that could result to people getting broken noses. Because the nose is made of cartilage, it is one part of the face that gets easily broken during such incidents.
- When it comes to cosmetic purposes, an aesthetic nose surgery is oftentimes called for when people don’t like the shape, size, or length of their nose. If they want their defective noses corrected, then a nose job usually does the trick.
However, going for an aesthetic nose surgery is a decision that should not be made easily. Careful consideration should be done on various matters that concern this procedure.