ESTHETIC FACIAL SURGERY SIDE EFFECTS: RISKS AND DANGERS OF SURGERY
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OF AESTHETIC FACIAL SURGERY?
There are disadvantages or drawbacks to any aesthetic facial surgery procedure though. This could bring on possible damage to the facial nerves, staining, nausea, puffiness, and vomiting. It is also possible for blood loss to be experienced.
Here are some of the other side effects of aesthetic facial plastic surgery:
Numbness. This will usually go away two days after the surgery.
Pain. This is to be expected although it differs from person to person and usually requires only a mild analgesic to be eased.
Scarring. Depending on the type of aesthetic facial surgery procedure that you had, there could be scarring involved. Although there are times when the scars will not lessen in visibility, there are others that can be hidden by makeup or the hair. Read more on risk of aesthetic surgery and facial plastic surgery disadvantages
Bruising. It usually takes several weeks for this to go away, although your face would look a little better day by day after the surgery.
WHAT ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS OR RISKS OF AESTHETIC RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY?
Basically, the risks or side effects that accompany aesthetic reconstructive surgery are almost similar to other types of surgical procedures. The most common among these are:
- the failure of the wound to close up properly
- getting ugly scars
- unfavorable reactions to the administered anesthetic
- The complications that are usually associated with the aesthetic reconstructive surgery that involves breast implants include the leakage or rupture of the implants, the growth of a fibrous tissue around the implants, or the possible dislocation of the implants. Read about Aesthetic Reconstruction of the nose.
When it comes to aesthetic reconstructive surgery that deals with the reconstruction of the flap of the breasts, the complications include:
- weakness of the muscle right at the site of the donor (this also includes the occurrence of abdominal hernias)
- the collection of fluid underneath the site of the flap
- fat necrosis or the fatty tissue’s strange firmness
- fractional loss of the flap
- Read more about complications and dangers facial plastic surgery
SIDE EFFECTS OF AESTHETIC BREAST SURGERY
What are the Problems, Risks and Dangers of Aesthetic Breast Surgery?
The risks that are associated with aesthetic breast surgery are very similar to those of any other surgical cosmetic procedure. These include infection, bleeding, unexpected scarring, and reaction to the anesthetic.
It is also quite common for a breast enlargement procedure as an aesthetic breast surgery to impede with breastfeeding and to cause a decreased feeling on the breasts. Here are other side effects to this procedure:
- Breast implants used in aesthetic breast surgery present difficulty in reading and interpreting results of mammograms, thus potentially delaying the detection of breast cancer.
- Read polypropylene breast implants after care
- A thick scar called a capsule that typically forms around the inserted implant during the aesthetic breast surgery could also become quite hard. Called capsular contracture, this could bring pain and change to the breasts’ appearance.
- The implants used in aesthetic breast surgery could possibly be displaced or go through leaking or rupturing.