After Aesthetic Facial Surgery: Facial Cosmetic Surgery Aftercare Tips
What Do I Need to Do After Aesthetic Facial Surgery?
After an aesthetic facial surgery procedure, there are a number of things to be done that comprise the aftercare steps. Here are some of them:
- Avoid taking any aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medicines. Ask your doctor for a list of OTC medicines that you should avoid.
- Apply some ice compresses or ice packs to the operated area to help lessen the swelling.
- Avoid direct exposure to sunlight.
- Avoid smoking or exposure to second-hand smoke during your recovery period.
- Use at leas a 15 SPF sun-block for skin protection.
- Be sure to go to follow-up appointments to avoid risks for complications. Get more information on after aesthetic surgery precautions
- You should also read how to get ready for eyelid plastic surgery
- During your first visit to your surgeon after an aesthetic facial plastic surgery procedure, you could expect for your bandages to be removed. Stitches that don’t dissolve by themselves are usually removed within three to ten days after surgery.
You can return three days to three weeks after an aesthetic facial surgery depending on the procedure you went through. Two weeks after surgery, you can already go back to doing exercises.
How Much Does Aesthetic Facial Surgery Cost And What Are Its Alternatives?
Because aesthetic facial surgery is more complicated than any surgery needed for the body, you can expect that procedures under this cost more. The estimated cost for getting aesthetic facial plastic surgery ranges from $5000 to $6000.
The cost for your aesthetic facial surgery would largely depend on a number of factors. These include your location, the expertise needed for your surgery, and the credentials or qualifications of your surgeon. Read what is facial reconstructive surgery
Considering the cost of aesthetic facial plastic surgery, it might be a good idea to look into its alternatives. This way, you will be able to get a cheaper treatment done that could still provide you the results you wanted.
Botox injections, fat grafting, microdermabrasion, chemical peels, and laser skin resurfacing are just among the alternative treatments that you could have instead of aesthetic facial surgery.
Tips Before Undergoing Facial Surgery
There are a number of things that need to be done before getting aesthetic facial surgery, and here are some of them:
- Get a copy of your surgeon’s protocol.
- Avoid taking aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medicines within the two weeks before the aesthetic facial plastic surgery procedure.
- Stop smoking at least two weeks before the operation.
- Arrange your transportation to and from the center handling your surgery.
- Arrange for a person to help take care of you for the first 24 to 72 hours after the operation.
- Set up a space in your home that would serve as your recovery area. Make sure there are lots of pillows, reading materials, and other entertainment gadgets.
- Prepare some eye drops to battle dry eyes after aesthetic facial surgery.
- Be sure to have ice packs ready because these would help in lessening the swelling after the surgery.
- Make sure to buy the needed scar-reducing creams, moisturizers, and petroleum jelly that needs to be applied to the incisions.
- On the day of your surgery, it is best that you wear clothing that is loose and easy to take off and put on. A shirt that buttons up front is advised.