After Aesthetic Eye Surgery: Aftercare Tips for Cosmetic Eye Surgery
What Do I Need to Do After Aesthetic Eye Surgery?
There are a number of things that need to be done after an aesthetic eye surgery like blepharoplasty. Because the eyes are among the most sensitive parts of the body, it is essential that proper care is done right after any operation.
Here are the things that should be done:
- Apply antibiotic ointment to the stitches for a number of days after the operation. This ointment is usually prescribed by the surgeon who performed the aesthetic eye surgery.
- Antibiotics should also be taken several times a day for the prevention of infections of the wound.
- Alcoholic beverages and aspirin should be avoided for a week after the surgery.
- Activities including lifting, bending, and straining should be limited.
- Because some discoloration and swelling could be experienced around the eyes after the operation, ice-cold compresses should be applied to the eyes. On the first day after the surgery, this should be done continuously before wound down to several times a day for a maximum of two weeks thereafter.
- With an aesthetic eye surgery, the stitches are usually removed just several days after the operation. Normally, patients can go back to doing their typical day to day activities within a week to a maximum of 10 days after.