ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF AUGMENTATION REMOVAL PLASTIC SURGERY
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF AN AUGMENTATION REMOVAL?
- If the implant happens to be causing pain and discomfort to a person, removing them will be cheaper compared to having remedial measures only such as taking medicines and other treatments.
- An augmentation removal process is also painless due to the use of anesthesia. So despite the images that some may have conjured with surgical operations, pain is not part of an augmentation removal process.
- Another advantage of an augmentation removal process is that it minimizes the risk that one may suffer from such as infections and other complications due to the presence of implants in the body.
WHAT ARE THE DISADVANTAGES OF AN AUGMENTATION REMOVAL PROCESS?
If one will not experience infection from an augmentation removal process, one is still not safe from all of it. In fact, one may also suffer from pain, numbness, soreness and lose of sensation on the affected part after an augmentation removal process.
For those who gave adverse reactions to the use of anesthesia, one may experience nausea, vomiting and dizziness.
WHAT IS AUGMENTATION REMOVAL?
Augmentation removal as a surgical procedure is less heard of then its counterpart, augmentation procedures. This is the exact opposite of augmentation procedures although the aim for both may be the same.
This is because people are of the idea that an augmentation procedure is beneficial for the body because it creates more appealing aesthetics. On the other hand, augmentation removal is commonly resorted to only when a person has begun to experience something nasty as a result of the presence of the implant inside the body.
- Augmentation removal procedure may be performed by the same surgeon who did the augmentation process in the first place. However, this does not mean that one cannot undergo an augmentation removal process from another surgeon. What is important here is that in the case of another doctor performing the augmentation removal, there must be exact and accurate information handed out to the doctor that will remove the implant. This is to
- make sure that the doctor is well versed as to how to proceed with the augmentation removal process.
- Just like with an augmentation procedure, an augmentation removal is also done in a clinical setting. The wisdom behind this is to make sure that one has sufficient medical attention on hand to keep one safe even in the vent of an emergency.
- An augmentation removal process, just like an augmentation procedure is also offered by resorts and spas as their means to attract more clients.
An augmentation removal procedure becomes necessary when a person experiences nasty consequences as the result from having implants in the body. Infection and swelling are the common complaints, although in the case of breast implants, shifting of the implant is also a common problem.
WHAT ARE THE PREPARATIONS FOR AN AUGMENTATION REMOVAL PROCESS?
In order to prepare for an augmentation removal process, one must make sure that there is really a need to remove the implant. This is something that should not be taken lightly because many people are quick to blame implants for any problem they may have for their health. As such, one must consult with a doctor first in order to be fully knowledgeable as to whether there really is a need to remove the implant.
Another thing that one must do before an augmentation removal process is to make sure that the body is also free from harmful substances to minimize the risks that one may encounter in the removal process.
Because an augmentation removal procedure is done under anesthesia, one must make sure to drink as little fluids as possible on the day before the operation. This is to make sure that the anesthesia will be fully effective. This also goes for the last meal that a person will have prior to the operation.
Just like with the case of an augmentation procedure, one who is taking maintenance medications must first seek approval for them. This is also done to make sure that one will not take any substance that may be harmful to one’s health. This is especially important to surgeons because if one will take an anti inflammatory drug shortly before the operation, one may suffer from excessive bleeding which can complicate the process only.