FAT GRAFTING CHEEKS AUGMENTATION: PROCEDURE, COST AND RECOVERY
For older people who wish to plump their cheeks back to their youthful days, it isn’t necessarily recommended to try to gain weight or try to get fatter just to bring the fat back to the cheeks. For one, gaining weight at such an age is a health risk and second, only the cheeks need to be plumped so there is no need to fatten the whole body too. Fat grafting has helped in giving naturally plump cheeks back, giving older people their youthful appearance like they did back in the day.
FAT GRAFTING CHEEKS
The cheeks naturally contain muscle and fat but as people grow older, the fat disappears and along with losing skin elasticity this produces hollowed cheeks.
Fat grafting is a procedure wherein fat is removed from another part of the body where fat is in excess and this is then injected into the area needing the fat such as the cheeks.
The most common donor areas used are the abdomen, thigh, flank, and buttocks.
The cheeks are the most common target or recipient area when it comes to facial reconstructive procedures.
FAT GRAFTING CHEEK AUGMENTATION
When it comes to cheek augmentation, the body’s own fat is usually the common implant of choice.
Many patients opt for fat grafting because it uses the fats that already come from their own body.
There are many benefits to the use of fat grafting in cheek augmentation.
Fat implants do not cause allergic reactions as compared to synthetic implants.
The body does not reject the fat implants because it recognizes it as its own.
Fat implants result in soft and natural looking plump cheeks.
After the patient has been screened as an ideal candidate for fat grafting, the following steps are needed for fat grafting.
- Local anesthesia is used.
- The donor area is prepped and cleansed using antiseptic.
- Liposuction is done at the donor area.
- Fat is harvested and processed using centrifugation.
- The target area is prepped and cleansed using antiseptic.
- The processed fat is injected into the cheeks slowly and gently in thin layers over cheek muscles until the desired contour is achieved.
- A compression garment is worn by the patient to help reduce swelling and facilitate healing.
There are many factors that can affect the cost of fat grafting including:
- Facility fee
- Doctor’s fee
- Anesthesia used
- Fat harvesting fee
- Fat injection fee
- There is little or no downtime after fat grafting for cheek augmentation.
- Patients may experience bruising, swelling, and a slight discomfort that can be managed with medications.
- Compression garments must be continually used for several weeks to help reduce swelling.
- Bruising will resolve after a few days to a week and can be covered up with make-up.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF A CHEEK AUGMENTATION PROCESS?
The main advantage of a cheek augmentation process is that it has lasting effects. This means that one will not have to undergo the process several times just to secure the desired effect. In the long run, this is also a cheaper way to looking great because a single operation is all that is needed.
A cheek augmentation process is painless due to the use of anesthesia.
The greatest advantage that a cheek augmentation procedure brings is that it will allow one to have a better appearance that will then lead to an enhanced self-confidence.