BLEPAHROPLASTY STATISTICS | RECORDS, FIGURES, AND RATES
BLEPHAROPLASTY STATISTICS FOR PLASTIC SURGERY, EYELID AND LOWER EYELID SURGERY
Blepahroplasty is commonly done to repair any problem in the eyelids that have become annoying as well as affecting vision. The surgical method is employed in order to eliminate the accumulated skin cells as well as fats on the eyelids. As a result, once these have been eliminated, the result is a more attractive outlook.
The number of individuals who avail themselves of blepharoplasty is on the rise. On the last three years, data from the United States show that there is an annual increase of 10 percent in the number of patients seeking blepharoplasty treatment. The total figure now stands at 100,000 operations per year.
- Blepharoplasty review is impossible without mentioning some relevant statistics. As such, it is a must that statistics must be compiled in order to determine if there is an increase in the number of persons availing of the procedure, which is also an indicator of the increasing popularity of the procedure.
- Blepharoplasty statistics is also used to determine the reasons why people avail of the procedure.
- Aside from this, blepharoplasty patients are commonly screened thoroughly in order to determine that they are physically fit and in the right mental health. This is true if the procedure is done solely for cosmetic reasons. On the other hand, if it is done for a physical condition, there is no need to do psychological testing.
REASONS FOR BLEPHAROPLASTY
- Due to cosmetic reasons. Blepharoplasty statistics reveal that most of those who undergo blepharoplasty see their eyelids as a major hindrance in their appeal and on the impression they would like to create on other people. This comprises for more than three quarters of all blepharoplasty operations.
- Another reason why blepharoplasty operation is conducted is to correct any effect that the eyelids may have on vision. This is true especially if one’s field of vision is severely reduced due to drooping eyelids. This factor attributes for around 20 percent of those who undergo blepharoplasty.
- What is surprising about blepharoplasty statistics is that the procedure is not only availed of by women but also by men. Nonetheless, women still far outnumber men when it comes to availing of the procedure. According to experts, this is because women are more responsive to how they look and especially in enhancing their feminine appeal.
Blepharoplasty is like any other surgical procedure in that one has to make sure that there are certain things to do before and after. This is because blepharoplasty before and after causes certain changes in the body that the patient may be unable to cope if the proper medical procedure is not followed.
There are certain things that one needs to do before blepharoplasty. Here are some of those:
- One consideration in blepharoplasty before and after is to make sure that the body is fully hydrated. According to experts, a fully hydrated body will make the operation easier because the skin becomes flexible.
- A person about to undergo blepharoplasty must make sure that his body is fully nourished. It is not advised for one to go on a diet as this may have an impact during the recuperative process.
- As in the case of most surgical operations, one will be required to stop smoking or drinking at least two weeks before the operation. This is not mainly to make the operation easy but rather to make the healing process very quick.
- One of the most important things that one must do before blepharoplasty is to make sure that one frequently visits the doctor to be well versed on the procedure, the result, or even possible complications from the procedure.
- After blepharoplasty is the period wherein one should exercise utmost discipline especially when it comes to taking care of the operated area. As such, one must strictly follow the doctor’s orders.
- Some ointment or bandage may be applied on the eye lid after blepharoplasty. As such, one should take care not to make the condition worse due to unnecessary or reckless movements.
- In cases that bruising and swelling may appear, one should not freak out as this is only part of the normal process. Instead, one should be prepared mentally for them as this will fade in no time.
- For a week or two after blepharoplasty, one will need to continue visiting the doctor for post operation checkups.
- Blepharoplasty before and after involves a lot of risks in between. However, despite the risks, there is never a shortage of those who would like to avail of the procedure. This is because blepharoplasty is one good solution to problems related to looking good.
When a person is about to embark on an aesthetic surgical operation, there are many things that seem to bother him. Sometimes, these thoughts are so discomforting that people may vacillate or procrastinate on their choices. This is because most people want to make sure that they will not be alone in relaying the experience they had related to aesthetic plastic surgery. Here, a comprehensive data on aesthetic plastic surgery statistics is needed in order to convince him that the right decision is in the works.
STATISTICS ON AESTHETIC PLASTIC SURGERY
In the United States alone, there is an average of 2.5 million aesthetic surgical operations for the last 5 years. The total figure for all aesthetic operations including both surgical and non-surgical means is 11.7 million. Of these figures, women comprise around 90 percent of those who avail of such services. Of the average 2.5 million aesthetic surgical operations in the United States, it represents an increase of almost 500 percent from the last ten years.
TOP 5 SURGICAL PROCEDURES BASED ON STATISTICS:
By far, the most commonly availed aesthetic surgical procedure as revealed by aesthetic plastic surgery statistics is liposuction. Liposuction accounts for almost half a million operations per year with 95 percent of the patients being women. According to cosmetic experts, this is because most women today have become more aware of the need to heighten their body and most are now open to surgical procedures to attain their goal.
Close to liposuction in terms of number of patients who availed of the service is breast augmentation. Aesthetic plastic surgery statistics reveals that there are on the average almost 400,000 women who avail of the operation every year. Just like with liposuction, the popularity of breast augmentation is also related to awareness on beauty and self-confidence.
Eyelid surgery. This surgical procedure on the average attracts around 250,000 patients every year. Based on aesthetic plastic surgery statistics, this procedure is almost exclusively availed by women with less than half of one percent availing the procedure being men.
Next in terms of number of patients shown in aesthetic plastic surgery statistics is abdominoplasty. Here, although women far outstrip men in terms of availing of the procedure, many men also avail of the process with approximately 20 percent of the total figure being men.
Breast reduction. A curious data revealed by aesthetic plastic surgery statistics is that breast reduction is most commonly done to remove the implants. This happens when a woman becomes uncomfortable with the enlarged size of her breasts. The procedure attracts at least 150,000 women every year.
AESTHETIC PLASTIC SURGERY ASSOCIATES: GROUP AND SOCIETY
There are a lot of factors that affect our decision in choosing the best aesthetic plastic surgery service from aesthetic surgery society. But the search is never easy.
One will need to get in touch with a trusted and expert on the field, but this is something that is easier said than done. Moreover, there is also the consideration of price, which may offset any choice made related to aesthetic plastic surgery. Another factor is the fact that there are many bogus specialists out there who are only out to profit illegally from unknowing patients.
BEST AESTHETIC SURGERY GROUP AND ASSOCIATES
The following are the things that one must consider in availing for the services of a reputed aesthetic surgery group:
One will commonly find such groups in the Internet through their website. However, having a web presence is not enough of an indicator to tell that one aesthetic surgery society is in fact a reputed group of aesthetic plastic surgery associates. One will also need to verify from other plastic surgeons the veracity and accuracy of the data.
A good aesthetic surgery group has a complete listing of all the aesthetic surgery associates. However, one must also check the veracity of the credentials provided. Moreover, the aesthetic surgery associates must be known experts on their field, lest one will become victim to a con artist.
A good aesthetic surgery group must indicate the business address as well as other pertinent data such as methods of contacting them, mode of payment, services provided, as well as the assurance of a genuine service from reputed aesthetic surgery associates.
When one is having doubt on the reputation of aesthetic surgery associates that one is about to contact, one must check the net for feedback on the specific plastic surgery associate as well as on the aesthetic surgery group concerned.
AESTHETIC SURGERY SOCIETY
In most cases, aesthetic surgery groups allow individuals to become members of their community not as a surgery practitioner but as a regular client. This is also beneficial for clients because it allows them to share bits of information with aesthetic surgery associates. This advantage is what lures some people to join an aesthetic surgery group because it helps expands their knowledge on what aesthetic plastic surgery is all about.